House prices in East Belfast have been going up faster than anywhere else in Northern Ireland.
Barclays reported that house prices have risen by 6.6% year on year in BT5
As an Estate agent in East Belfast we certainly see this and believe this is for the following reasons-
1. There is a lack of properties coming on the market meaning there is a higher demand.
2.There is a real varied type of house in East Belfast to suit all tastes
3. The areas of Ballyhackamore, Belmont and Gilnahirk are very popular even from those not from the area. This is due to the 'village' feel with cafe's, restaurants, delis etc being particularly attractive.
4. There is an abundance of excellent schools both primary and secondary which attracts young families.
5. Connswater Retail Park is starting to see new investment since the recession with a new drive-through Starbucks, a refurbished Lidle and new businesses announced.
6. The area has great links to Belfast City Centre and George Best Airport is also within easy access.
As your local East Belfast Estate Agent we have a thorough knowledge of the area and can help with any queries on selling or buying a home. We offer free valuations so why not give us a ring to find out how much your house is now worth.